In my 17 years as a video production professional, I have heard almost every reason why a company doesn’t need video. Literally…I think I’ve heard them all. I’m not going to insult your intelligence by saying all those reasons are wrong. Some of these are legitimate reasons. But…I AM saying that almost all of these are rooted in misconceptions, and can be remedied with just a little bit of knowledge. So, if you’re willing, let’s jump in!
- “It’s too much money.” Oh, man, if I had a dime for every time I heard this one…but really – this is probably the most overly used reason of all time, which is why it made the top of my list. Are you telling me that you have NO advertising budget? None? If so, that’s not good. Your business will die without advertising! Most companies – even small businesses - not only have an advertising budget, they also have an employee training budget and a corporate event budget! (Christmas party, awards banquet, birthdays, etc) All of those areas can benefit from video! But, lets set aside the training budget and corporate event budget because some companies are so small (1 or 2 employees) that those budgets don’t amount to a hill of beans. That’s fine. I get that. However….EVERY company must have some sort of marketing budget! So, then you may be saying “Yeah, but we’ve already allocated those funds to print advertising and radio advertising!” To that, I say – please climb out of the 1980s and join us here in 2017! Ok, that came off a bit snarky, but seriously – in this day and age, video is king! The stats are in –
-70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video than without.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it
Do you see what I mean? You may spend $2000-$3000 on a quality video which you can use on your website, on social media, at trade shows, in your front office, to show on your phone at a business meet-and-greet…you can use it virtually anywhere! How much is your typical product or service that you sell? Now, take that number and figure out how many of those products or services this video would need to sell in order to make back your money. According to those stats, video will sell better than any other medium, so if you spread your video in all the right online markets, you’ll EASILY make back your money in a short time and then you’ll begin to make a profit off of it. Online video only adds and multiplies – it does not subtract or divide. Here’s what I’m talking about: ROI – ever heard that term before? RETURN ON INVESTMENT. I can almost guarantee that if you purchase a quality promo video and spread that in all your industry channels online and in person, you WILL make back your investment money and then continue to rake in the dough - doubling, tripling, or even QUADRUPLING your investment. We’ve seen it happen time and time again! So – please don’t tell me it’s too much money to spend. In today’s tech-filled world you can’t afford NOT to get a promo video.
- “I don’t look good on video.” I feel your pain. Neither do I. Actually, the way I see it, this problem is two-fold. Some people say they don’t look good on video, but what they really mean is “I don’t want to be in a video because it makes me uncomfortable.” If that’s the case, buck up! We have a team of pros who will make sure you look and feel good about your appearance on camera. It’s what we do best! That being said, if you’re being honest with yourself and us in that you really don’t think your face is the right image for the type of client you want to attract, the good news is – the face on the video doesn’t have to be you! Pick a good-looking employee or ask us about hiring an actor/actress! You think this video (above) is the business owner? Think again! That’s the owner’s daughter! If you don’t know any employees or friends who fit the bill, local talent is not too pricey, either. So, don’t think of it as something you have to do yourself. You’re the boss! Delegate!
- I don’t have enough time/can’t think of a concept for my video. I put these together, because they go hand in hand. If you had time to think of a creative idea for your promo, you could write it up. Or maybe you just think you’re not that creative. Either way – this is not a problem. Just tell us about your business – your product/service, your biz motto and/or mission statement, what makes you so passionate about what you offer and why, and the emotion that you want threaded into the video (inspirational, funny, righteously angry, etc) and we can turn those bits of information into a concept (which we’ll run by you first), then make that concept into a script! We take the worry out for you!
- I don’t know any video professionals that I can trust. Well, now you do. Our team has a stellar reputation. Just call any of our previous clients and they will tell you just how much they enjoyed our work ethic, customer service, skill level, and finished product. Call me to ask any questions you like or to schedule a face-to-face! We’d love to be of service to you. 970-443-3761