Yes, yes, and yes. There – I got my blog writing for the week out of the way, and you got to read a very concise but powerful message. Right? Ok, maybe it’s not that easy.
See, for most of us as business owners or managers we are tasked with the monumental job of choosing the right kind of marketing in order to drive the most business to us without breaking the bank. It’s easier said than done.
When making this huge decision, we have to ask ourselves one very important question:
“What is the ROI (Return on Investment) for this type of marketing?”
In other words – “Is this going to be worth the money I’m pouring into it. Will this marketing venture bring in either as much as or more than the amount I put into it?”
There’s some risk in this, as you usually have to make the leap at least once into each type of marketing in order to find out if it was worth it or not. Not all types of marketing will work for all types of business. It’s true. Take, for instance, a donut shop…they can try to advertise in a bridal magazine, but bridal magazines cater to a specific subset of people …and most of them are nationwide publications. Unless donut guy has a nationwide chain and caters for weddings, a bridal magazine ad will do him no good.
HOWEVER…there is one type of marketing that seems to work for all age groups, all demographics, and all locations – VIDEO! YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year. Translation: Your average consumer wants to see video…LOTS of it.
There are so many types of video and so many ways to utilize it! Let’s break down a few:
- Promo video on your website. Unbounce (an internet mogul) reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%. That’s HUGE! Do you have video on your site?
- Product advertisements online. 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process. Do you have a product to sell? 90% of online users say a video would help persuade them to buy it!
- Presentations. 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes. Do you have a video on your phone to show upon meeting an interested consumer? Do you have a video on DVD to display at your next trade show?
- Social Media. 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo. If your targeted demographic includes people within 16 – 60 yrs of age, they likely have a cel phone, and they not only like to watch video (creating 1 consumer) but they like to share video (creating thousands more).
- Any type of advertising. Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words. As we have long said – If a picture is worth a thousand words, then video must be worth a million! Turns out we were right!
So….how can we help you with video today? Whether it’s online, on your phone, or on a DVD, I promise you a video will be worth the investment!